The EPDIC15 takes place at:
The Nicolaus Hotel (www.thenicolaushotel.com),
Via Cardinale A. Ciasca, 27
70124 Bari (Italy)
Tel +39 080 5682111
Fax +39 080 5042058
How to reach Bari
1. From ‘SS16 BIS’: Follow the signs for Bari Tangenziale (direction Brindisi), take Exit 11 ‘Poggiofranco’ of the bypass of Bari, follow the road signs ‘The Nicolaus Hotel’.
2. From ‘A14′ Adriatica Highway coming from north: Exit BARI-NORD and follow the signs for Bari Tangenziale (direction Brindisi-Lecce), then follow the indication as in 1.
3. From ‘A14′ Adriatica Highway coming from south: Exit BARI-SUD (the only exit for Bari) and follow the signs for Bari Tangenziale (direction Brindisi-Taranto), then follow the indication as in 1.
Bari Centrale is the main railway station of Bari, located in the city centre (Aldo Moro Square). It is about 2 km far from the ferry terminal at Bari port and 14 km far from the International Airport of Bari.
Note that there are fewer services on the weekend.
Please check the train availability directly at trenitalia website.
The International Airport of Bari (IATA airport code: BRI) is located 14 km from the city centre. Bari is connected with the main Italian airports in Rome and Milan by more than 6 flights a day and with other European cities (e.g. London, Paris, Berlin, Madrid, Zurich, Budapest, Frankfurt, Valencia, etc.) by low cost companies flights. Please check the available flights directly at the airport website.
From the airport to the city:
Taxis stand in front of the Arrivals Hall [tel: (+39) 080 554 3333 or (+39) 080 534 6666]. A ride to Bari takes around 25 minutes and costs approximately € 25,00.
By Public Transport
AMTAB BUS 16. From/to city center (Aldo Moro Square). Schedule: service starts at 4.45 am and ends at 23.00 pm. Average waiting time is 40-50 minutes.
By Shuttle Bus
TEMPESTA BUS COMPANY provides direct connection from the airport to “Bari Centrale” Station, and viceversa. The bus stop is in Aldo Moro Square. Travel time: 25/30 minutes. Fare: approximately € 4,00 one way. For timetables please see website.
By Railway Link
A train line connecting the airport to “Bari Centrale” Station is available. One way ticket fare is approximately € 5,00 and it takes about 15 minutes. Tickets can be bought at the same prize both Online and at the Ferrotramviaria train station near arrivals.
SS16 BIS to Brindisi, Exit 11 ‘Poggiofranco’ of the bypass of Bari, then follow the road signs ‘The Nicolaus Hotel’.
How to reach The Nicolaus Hotel
By AMTAB bus from the vicinity of “Bari Centrale” railway station
The available public transport service lines are:
• Line n. 6 – Stop at Via Matarrese
• Line n. 10 – Stop at Via Matarrese
• Line D – Stop at Via Camillo Rosalba
Service starts at 5.00 am and ends at 23.00 pm. Average waiting time is 40-50 minutes.
Please note that you have to buy the ticket in advance (approximately € 1,00).
• From the “Bari Centrale” Station to The Nicolaus Hotel (average price € 10,00).
• From the airport to The Nicolaus Hotel (average price € 25,00).