Sir2019 is the latest product of the Sir family, widely used for the crystal structure solution of small/medium size and proteins single-crystal structures using either X-ray or electron diffraction data.
It includes many new features that are described in the program help. Among them:
Ab initio phasing approaches:
- Modern Direct Methods (MDM)
- Standard Direct Methods (SDM)
- Vive la Difference (VLD)
- Patterson pipeline (from the application of Patterson techniques to automatic model building)
Non ab initio phasing approach
- Simulated Annealing (for s/m molecules)
- A new Molecular Replacement pipeline (from MR application to the automatic model building)
- A SAD/MAD pipeline (from SAD/MAD application to the automatic model building)
Improved integration with Jav, the new visualizer in 3D;
possibilty to start the program using a shelx file (.ins) as input.
Sir2019 supports the main current operating systems.
Windows: Sir2019 runs on Windows 7/8/10; setup packages are provided for these versions of Windows.
Linux: these packages run on the 64 bit versions of the main current distributions.
Mac OS X: Sir2019 is provided for runs on Mac (HighSierra and Mojave).
Source code is provided in tar.gz format.
M.C. Burla, R. Caliandro, B. Carrozzini, G. L. Cascarano, C. Cuocci, C. Giacovazzo, M. Mallamo, A. Mazzone and G. Polidori, “Crystal structure determination and refinement via SIR2014”, J. Appl. Cryst. (2015). 48, 306–309